I know what your thinking, ” How can cake be healthy? ”
Here’s the deal,
We all love cake! What we don’t love is the carbs and fats linked with them. Our Healthy Banana Cake Recipe is just perfect for those trying to lose weight but have cravings for something sweet. We’ve been tweaking the recipe for a few weeks and have come up with an amazing formula.
Many Banana Cake recipes use refined flour and heavily processed sugar which adds no nutritional value. In this recipe, we substitute white flour for wholemeal flour. Also, we cut the processed sugar and add honey to help lower sugar levels as well as calories.
” How’s the texture? “
To help our Healthy Banana Cake bind together we use Coconut Oil which will help give us the same consistency of a normal cake. Many recipes use butter, which completely destroys any chance of losing those pounds. But the benefits of Coconut Oil are endless and has become a game changer when it comes to weight loss.
Now you know the secrets behind this Healthy Banana Cake. Let’s get started!
- Eggs – 2 eggs
- Non-Dairy Milk – 2 cups
- Wholemeal Flour – 3 cups
- Bananas – 2 large (ripe)
- Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
- Cinamon – 1 tablespoon
- Bicarbonate of Soda – 1 teaspoon
- Coconut Oil – 3 tablespoon
- Honey – 3 tablespoon
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celcius
- In a large mixing bowl, beat two eggs along with your milk then add honey and coconut oil. The mixture should be smooth with no lumps.
- Peel bananas and mash them on a chopping board, add into the mixture and continue to whisk until most of the banana bits are fully mixed in.
- Add Vanilla extract and bicarbonate of soda then whisk. Adding too much bicarbonate will cause you cake to rise and become a loaf of bread. Better to put less than more.
- Add Wholemeal flour gradually whilst continuously mixing until mixture becomes smooth but thick consistency.
- Pour mixture into a greased (use coconut oil) baking pan and sprinkle some cinnamon.
- Place in the oven for 60 minutes at 170 degrees. To see if it has fully cooked inside, pierce a fork in the middle if wet bake for longer.
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes.